Full CSA code books now available for purchase through PanGlobal
In June, we announced that the Extract of CSA Standards would be discontinued due to changes in CSA Group’s content licencing. To support safety in the Power Engineering and thermal utilities industries, we have established a resale agreement with CSA Group to distribute the full codes.
We are happy to announce that the full B51: Boiler, pressure vessel, and pressure piping code and B52: Mechanical refrigeration code are now available for purchase as a print product from our eStore.
CSA B51, Boiler, pressure vessel, and pressure piping code (nineteenth edition)
In keeping with CSA Group’s goal of harmonizing its standards with those of other countries to the greatest extent possible, CSA’s Technical Committee on Boilers and Pressure Vessels and its Subcommittees have, in the course of developing this Standard, worked closely with the National Board of Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspectors in the United States and with the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) committees responsible for producing the National Board Inspection Code and ASME’s Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code.
There are three parts to this Standard:
- Part 1 contains requirements for boilers, pressure vessels, pressure piping, and fittings. It is intended mainly to fulfill two objectives: first, to promote safe design, construction, installation, operation, inspection, testing, and repair practices; and second, to facilitate adoption of uniform requirements by Canadian jurisdictions.
- Part 2 contains requirements for high-pressure cylinders for the on-board storage of natural gas, blends of natural gas and hydrogen (hydrogen blends), and hydrogen as fuels for automotive vehicles. It has been harmonized with International Organization for Standardization (ISO) Standard 11439:2013, Gas cylinders — High pressure cylinders for the on-board storage of natural gas as a fuel for automotive vehicles. In addition, the CSA Subcommittee responsible for developing Part 2 has consulted with the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) committees responsible for developing CSA/ANSI NGV 2-2016, Compressed natural gas vehicle fuel containers, and CSA/ANSI HGV 2-2014, Compressed hydrogen gas vehicle fuel containers. The members of these two committees are dedicated to harmonizing their standards as far as circumstances allow.
- Part 3 contains requirements for compressed natural gas and hydrogen refuelling station pressure piping systems and ground storage vessels. These requirements have been allotted a separate part of the Standard to emphasize the differences between them and the requirements in Part 1, thereby facilitating their application.
CSA B52, Mechanical refrigeration code (twelfth edition)
The twelfth edition of this Standard provides the minimum requirements for the design, construction, installation, inspection, and maintenance of mechanical refrigeration systems, and is complemented by the practical implementation guidance B52 Handbook, helping to minimize the risk of personal injury. This Standard applies to all refrigeration systems installed, whether in new or existing premises, to systems that undergo a substitution of refrigerant, and to parts that are replaced in or added to the system.
- Binding type: Padding Finish with three-hole punch
- 1-1/2 inch three D-ring binder recommended (not included) for B51 & B52.
- 1-inch D-ring recommended (not included) for B51 only
- 1-inch D-ring recommended (not included) for B52 only
Note: Due to resale conditions the CSA codes are not eligible for discount including, but not limited to, the following:
- PG Collections
- School Collections
- Educator Discounts
- Bookstore Discounts
- Distributor Discounts